Privacy and Cookies
Please read the following privacy policies which explain how we use and protect your information.
1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
1.1. When you visit the Website or use our online Services, you may be asked to provide us with information about yourself, including your name, contact details and information. We may also collect information about your use of the Website and our Services from messages you leave on the Website and from emails or letters you send to us.
2. USE OF YOUR DATA
2.2. We may use your information to contact you to obtain your views on our services and occasionally to notify you about important changes or developments to our Website and Services.
2.3. If you have consented to this by registering for our newsletter, we may use your data to inform you about other products and services that may be of interest to you, including services that may be the subject of direct marketing, for which we may contact you by telephone, SMS and email.
2.4. You agree that we may share your information with our third party partners (within the entertainment industry) for the purpose of using your information to communicate with you about goods and services that may be of interest to you (by post, telephone, mobile messages (e.g. SMS, MMS) and/or email).
2.5. If you do not wish us to use your data for these purposes or change your mind about being contacted in the future, please contact us using the contact details set out in section 8 below and/or by amending your profile accordingly.
2.6. Please note that by providing comments and feedback about the Website and the services, you consent to our inclusion of such comments and feedback on the Website and in any marketing or advertising materials. For these purposes we will only identify you by your first name and city of residence.
3. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR DATA
3.1. The information you provide will be transferred to and stored on our servers in Europe and North America and only BRAVE DIVERS S.L. and WEBEMPRESA EUROPA S.L., by virtue of systems technicians, will be able to access it.
3.3. If you have consented, we may allow carefully selected third parties, including within the entertainment sectors, our partners and ambassadors, to contact you from time to time in relation to services that may be of interest to you. They may contact you by telephone, SMS as well as email. Should you change your mind about being contacted by these companies in the future, please contact us using the contact details set out in section 8 below and/or by modifying your profile accordingly.
3.4. If our business enters into a joint venture with, is acquired by, sold to, or merged with, another business entity, information about you may be disclosed or transferred to the target company and our new business partners or owners or their advisers.
3.5. We may use the information you provide to us if we are under a duty to disclose or share your information in order to comply with (and/or believe we are under a duty to comply with) any legal obligation; or in order to enforce our Website Terms and Conditions and any other contracts entered into with you, or to protect the rights of BRAVE DIVERS S.L., our associated Dive Centres or other partners. By these we mean cross-referencing information with other companies and organisations in order to prevent and protect fraud.
4. DATA SECURITY AND RETENTION
4.1. We will take appropriate data protection measures to prevent unauthorised access and unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction and damage. We will retain your information for the legally required period.
4.2. If you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We recommend that you do not share your password with anyone else as we will not store a copy of your password.
4.3. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take steps to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we will use strict procedures and security measures to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. RIGHTS OF ACCESS AND UPDATING
In compliance with the provisions of Organic Law 15/1999 of 13 December, on the Protection of Personal Data (LOPD), the purpose of which is to guarantee and protect, with regard to the processing of personal data, the fundamental rights and freedoms of natural persons, we hereby inform you that:
5.1. Your personal data will be processed and incorporated into the files of BRAVE DIVERS SL in order to give an effective response or provision of services requested, facilitate the processing of orders, conducting statistical studies and sending advertising promotions offered by BRAVE DIVERS SL through its Website. In this sense, the user expressly consents to the processing of personal data sent to BRAVE DIVERS S.L., for the purposes stated in this document.
5.2. You have the right to access your personal data in order to verify the accuracy and completeness of the data, as well as for the purpose of consulting the use that is being made of them and the names of the persons to whom they have been provided.
5.3. You also have the right to request the correction or deletion of personal data or to object to any processing of personal data.
5.4. To obtain information and exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition to the processing of your data, please contact us using the contact details set out in section 8 below.
5.5. In any case, BRAVE DIVERS S.L., will keep confidential and fulfilling the obligation of secrecy of all personal data collected and contained in their files in accordance with the provisions of current legislation on data protection and personal character.
7.1. All users who wish to exercise their rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition should be sent to BRAVE DIVERS S.L., firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to Calle Arístides Maillol, 7 1º 1ª de Barcelona 08028 C.I.F.: B-67532473 or by telephone 628475218.
What are cookies?
Cookies are files that can be downloaded to your computer by websites. They are tools that play an essential role in the provision of numerous information society services. Among other things, they allow a website to store and retrieve information about the browsing habits of a user or their equipment and, depending on the information obtained, they can be used to recognise the user and improve the service offered.
Types of cookies
Depending on the entity that manages the domain from which the cookies are sent and processes the data obtained, two types of cookies can be distinguished:
Own cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
Third-party cookies: those that are sent to the user's terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies. In the event that the cookies are installed from a computer or domain managed by the editor itself but the information collected through them is managed by a third party, they cannot be considered as own cookies. There is also a second classification according to the length of time they remain stored in the client's browser, which may be:
- Session cookies: designed to collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that only needs to be kept for the provision of the service requested by the user on a single occasion (e.g. a list of products purchased).
- Persistent cookies: the data remains stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the cookie manager, which can range from a few minutes to several years. Finally, there is another classification with five types of cookies depending on the purpose for which the data obtained are processed:
- Technical cookies: those that allow the user to navigate through a website, platform or application and the use of the different options or services that exist therein, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, carrying out the purchase process of an order, making the application for registration or participation in an event, using security elements during navigation, storing content for the dissemination of videos or sound or sharing content through social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: these allow the user to access the service with some general characteristics predefined according to a series of criteria in the user's terminal, such as the language, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: these allow the party responsible for them to monitor and analyse the behaviour of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of browsing profiles of the users of these sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements based on the analysis of the usage data of the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: allow the management, in the most efficient way possible, of advertising spaces.
- Behavioural advertising cookies: these store information on user behaviour obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows a specific profile to be developed in order to display advertising based on the same.
Disabling and deleting cookies
You have the option to allow, block or delete cookies placed on your computer by configuring the browser options installed on your computer. By disabling cookies, some of the services available may no longer be operational. The way to disable cookies is different for each browser, but can usually be done from the Tools or Options menu. You can also consult the browser's Help menu where you can find instructions. You may at any time choose which cookies you want to operate on this website. You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your computer by configuring the options of the browser installed on your computer:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/impedir-que-los-sitios-web-guarden-sus-preferencia
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=es
- Safari: http://safari.helpmax.net/es/privacidad-y-seguridad/como-gestionar-las-cookies/
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/10.60/es-ES/cookies.html
In addition, you can also manage the storage of cookies in your browser using tools such as the following
- Ghostery: www.ghostery.com/
- Your online choices: www.youronlinechoices.com/es/
Cookies used on bravedivers.com
The cookies that are being used in this portal are identified below, as well as their type and function:
- Accept cookies. This notice will not be displayed again when accessing any page of the portal during the current session.
- Close. The warning is hidden on this page.
Returns or Cancellations
BRAVE Divers is an online company that acts as an intermediary between the student and the dive centre where the student will do the contracted diving activity.
BRAVE Divers does not take any responsibility for the execution of the course, which will always be the responsibility of the dive centre where the course will be taken or the instructor contracted by the dive centre.
Any booking made through BRAVE Divers will not be refunded in any case. On the other hand, the full amount of the course will never be charged, the second payment will always be made at the moment the activity starts.
In the case of a baptism, the corresponding charge will be made for the reservation of the place, which will occupy a place within the maximum that can be made by the diving centre and the instructor. In the case of a diving course, this reservation will correspond to the allocation of the course theory.
Under no circumstances will BRAVE Divers refund the booking made by the client more than 24 hours after the booking of the activity or if the theory of the course has already been assigned.